In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

DIY FLower Lampshade

I'm going on day three of meeting my goal to post two nursery DIY blog posts a day, until I complete the task of getting all of my nursery projects up on the blog.  Pretty proud of that fact, considering how I rarely take the time to blog anymore.  Today, I thought I'd post both lampshade projects that are being used in the nursery, this being my second post of the day.
 
This morning's blog post about the ruffle lampshade could have not been easier.  The repurposed lampshade I'm sharing with you in this post ~ not so much.
The good news...well good news for me anyway....is that I didn't actually have to make this for the nursery after I found out I was having a girl.  I find this to be fortunate, as I recall this project to be a little tedious and time-consuming.

I remember there being lots of tearing of fabric....and rolling of fabric....and rolling some more...and hot gluing....and more gluing....and burning my fingers from gluing...and then doing this cycle all over again for serval hours.  In fact, I actually ran out glue to do the back side of the lamp the day I worked on this project.  Several years later, I still have not finished the darn thing!  It's on my distant list of things to complete.  I think subconsciously I know this will be a time-consuming task and am content with the naked part of the lamp being against the wall and out of everyone's eyesight for now!  Shhh!  Don't tell!
I actually repurposed this lampshade a few years ago for our guestroom.  Once the upstairs guestroom was turned into a nursery, I kept the shade for the nursery and spray painted a Goodwill lamp base white from my "pile of things I might want to save and repurpose someday".

To find the original tutorial that was posted to my blog back when I shared my guestroom DIY projects, you can go here.  In that blog post, you will find a step by step guide to how I made the fabric flowers, and then glued them onto an inexpensive Goodwill lampshade.

I'm always happy when I can find things around the house to repurpose or rehome in other areas of the house.  This lamp is a perfect example of that.  It pays to see what you have around the house before buying something new!  You never know how you might be able to rehome or repurpose something!

No comments:

Post a Comment