In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, December 14, 2015

Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls

 

I've shared this recipe on my blog a few years ago.  It ended up being a Pinterest hit, so I'm sharing it again, seeing as how it is a favorite of mine this time of year. 

I first had these sausage and cream cheese crescent rolls when my aunt made them for a family Christmas gathering.  They were delish, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn how easy they were to make!  You can't go wrong with only needing three ingredients.  The nice thing about making these for the holidays is that these ingredients are almost always on sale this time of year.

These are super easy and always a crowd pleaser!  They can be served for breakfast, brunch or as an appetizer for a party.  Sometimes I'll even make them for my husband as a game-day snack. 


Ingredients:
2 cans of crescent rolls
1 8oz. package of cream cheese
1 lb. breakfast sausage

Directions:
Cook sausage and drain the grease.  While sausage is warm, mix in a bowl with the cream cheese.  You can use a spoon, but I think my hands are the best utensils for this job.  Once mixture is combined, stuff a spoonful of the mixture in each crescent roll, and wrap up making sure that none of the mixture will come out of the roll while baking.  Bake rolls as directed on the package.  Best when served warm.

Notes:
One batch makes 16 rolls.  When making for a crowd, I always double the recipe.  One doesn't seem to be enough for most people!  Also, if I am making these for breakfast, I will often make the sausage and cream cheese mixture the night before and put it in the fridge overnight, so that the crescent rolls are ready to be stuffed and baked first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment