In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, August 17, 2015

Lettuce Wraps (a healthy P.F. Chang's version)



I don't know about you, but when I go to P.F. Chang's, I always order those oh-so-yummy lettuce wraps as an appetizer!  I like them so much, that on occasion, I've even ordered them as my meal!


There's just something about the flavor and texture of this dish that I enjoy.  It's savory, and when that bit of crunch in the meat is combined with the smooth crisp lettuce, it's like a party in my mouth.


When I saw this copycat recipe for lettuce wraps, I knew I'd have to try it.  This has become one of my husband's favorite week night meals! Best of all, this copycat recipe not only taste a lot like the real deal, it also makes a healthy meal! The link even gives recipes to the sauces that P.F. Chang's serves with this appetizer, although my husband and I enjoy this dish without the sauces. 


INGREDIENTS:

Stir Fry Meat:
2 tbs. sesame oil
3 tbs. olive oil, divided
1 pound ground turkey
1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/2 c. minced mushrooms
1/2 of an onion, minced
1-2 tbs. minced garlic, or about three cloves

Stir Fry Sauce:
2 tbs. light soy sauce
2 tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. rice wine vinegar

DIRECTIONS:

Heat sesame oil and 2 tbs. olive oil over medium heat.  Add ground turkey and fry for 5 minutes.  Push meat aside and add remaining oil and remaining ingredients. Add stir fry sauce and cook for another five minutes, stirring frequently.  Serve with lettuce.  I recommend Boston lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment