In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Italian Pasta Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes


Still thinking of uses for your garden cucumbers? This cold pasta side dish could not be any easier!  I make this often, usually in the summer as a side during grilling season.  It's great for a cookout, but also makes yummy leftovers if you're just making it for a weeknight supper. My husband will eat it straight out of the bowl if he finds it in the fridge the next day!

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb. tri color spiral pasta
1 c. Italian salad dressing
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
1-2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. crumbled feta, optional

DIRECTIONS:
Boil and drain pasta.  Add cucumbers, tomatoes and dressing.  Let sit in the fridge for a few hours for the flavor to set in.  Sometimes I find, I need to add more dressing after it has set awhile. I usually start with the one cup of dressing, but may add an additional half cup before I serve it.  The pasta really soaks up the dressing.  Before serving toss in the Parmesan cheese.  Crumble feta on top right before serving if desired.

* Black olives would also be good in this. No one in my family likes olives, so I choose to make this without any olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment