In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, July 24, 2015

Baked Parmesan Zucchini



Sharing another use for zucchini today.  This simple recipe is a favorite in our house.  Baked Parmesan zucchini is a simple delicious side that goes great with any Italian dish.  I try to watch my carbs, and have found that these make a great substitute for bread sticks that would traditionally be served with pizza or pasta.

I originally found this recipe through Pinterest, and it has been a quick and easy go-to side dish ever since.  The original recipe calls for four zucchini, but I find that two is a good amount for my family.  When using my garden zucchini, I often only need one zucchini, as garden zucchini tend to be bigger than store-bought zucchini.


INGREDIENTS:
2 medium zucchini
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.  Cut zucchini into strips.  Place zucchini on a baking pan lined with foil.  Drizzle oil over zucchini. Sprinkle zucchini with cheese mixture.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Broil the last two minutes to get the tops crispy and brown.

** I like to brush the olive oil on the zucchini to make sure it is evenly coated.  I also like to dip the zucchini strips in the cheese mixture to make sure the cheese is evenly coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment