In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, June 19, 2015

Spinach and Rice Balls { healthy toddler finger food }


I'm continuing some of my boys' favorite toddler finger foods on the blog this week.  Spinach and rice balls are a favorite for one of my sons.  He's such a picky eater, but he loves rice!  He eats these little rice balls every time they are on his plate.

I like these, because they freeze well.  I can make a batch for dinner and freeze the rest, which is great for nights that my husband is out of town for work and I don't cook.  

I also like them, because they are not quite as messy as just giving the boys a side of rice on their trays.  These balls hold together pretty well, so the cleanup is a little easier than when we have plain rice.  It's also a great use of leftover rice!


INGREDIENTS:
2 c. brown rice
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. shredded motzerella cheese
10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained well with no liquid remaining)
2 eggs
1 tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste



DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients together.  Hands seem to be the best utensil for mixing these well. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment