In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, June 19, 2015

Broccoli Cheese Bites { toddler finger food }


Sharing broccoli cheddar bites on the blog this evening.  While this recipe is floating around Pinterest as a toddler food, I am sorry to say that my toddlers do not like this recipe.  It's one of the only bite sized food recipes I'm sharing this week that my little guys won't eat.

I can't get my boys to eat broccoli at all. I thought that they would maybe eat broccoli in a recipe like this, but I was wrong.  I'm beginning to think it is a texture thing for them, but I'll just keep occasionally offering them broccoli and see if they end up liking it in the future. 


I personally like this recipe as an adult and think it would make a fun finger food for a holiday party.  What I also like about this recipe is that, like the spinach rice ball recipe I shared this morning, these broccoli cheese bites freeze really well.



INGREDIENTS:
12-16 oz. frozen broccoli (thawed and drained of liquid)
1- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
three eggs
salt and pepper



DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients together and form little patties with your hands.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool five minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment