In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, May 1, 2015

My Mom of Twins Necklace


It's the first of May!  That means that Mother's Day is just around the corner!  In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted share with you one of my newest favorite things.  What does my new favorite thing have to do with Mother's Day?  Well it just so happens that my new favorite thing would also make a great Mother's Day gift.  To be honest, it would make a good gift to any new mom or mom-to-be.  It would also be a good "push present" from Daddy to Mommy.  
I didn't receive this necklace for any of those occasions.  I actually received it as an anniversary gift.  A few weeks ago, my husband asked me what I wanted for our wedding anniversary, and I told him I wasn't sure but would think about it.  Our wedding anniversary is only two days before our twin boys' birthday.  While looking on Etsy for the boys' birthday, I stumbled on "mom of twin" jewelry.  I looked at a lot of jewelry for moms of twins, but I really liked this necklace from CedarRockCreations.
What made me fall in love with the necklace was the statement written on the pendant.  It says, "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart."  I can't tell you how many times I have heard that phrase this past year.  Every time I take the boys out in public someone reminds me how full my hands are. Yes, twins are a handful, but they are also a heartful....a heart full of love, that is!  I love being the mom of twins and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Other than what the phrase on the pendant meant to me personally, I also thought the price of this necklace was reasonable. The cost of a hand stamped pendant with charms and a chain was only $18.50.  Plus, when I asked the seller if she could customize the necklace for me by giving me two baby feet and one birth stone (the necklace is advertised with only birthstones), she met my request without any problems and didn't charge me extra.  
Once I confirmed that the necklace could be customized for me, I told Matt that I thought the necklace would make a great anniversary gift.  Matt had mentioned possibly getting me an anniversary band for our wedding set, but when I saw this necklace I decided I would rather have the necklace instead.  For one, the necklace was much more affordable.  At this point in my life, I would rather spend a large amount of money on the boys...or family activities... or home improvement projects.....but I really didn't want to spend it on an anniversary band for myself.  Also, the necklace had special meaning to me, as we had just survived our first year as parents, and parents of twins at that!  
After ordering the necklace, I received it in a timely fashion.  The item I received looked just like the picture that was advertised.  Considering the product, the price was good.  I wear this necklace almost everyday, and it has held up well.  I do have two toddlers pulling on me constantly.  They have pulled the necklace off of me, and the clasp has come off.  The clasp was easy to put back on.  With two active boys, this has happened to other necklaces that I have made myself.  I personally, would have paid $18.50 for pendants and charms alone, so I'm not too concerned if my chain does end up snapping from the boys.  Chains are easy to replace.  Overall, I am very pleased with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment