In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Best Year of My Life - Reflecting on 2014


As I sit here typing this, there is just minutes left until it is a new year.  2014 has been by far the best year of my life!  The reason, you ask?  Quite simply it is the two little guys sleeping soundly in there cribs just a few feet away from me.  They are my biggest answer to prayer. 

Two years ago, I was typing a whole different blog post as the possibility of never being able to have children had just been revealed to us.  Countless tears were shed as I pleaded with God for a child, and in 2014 he gave us not one, but two healthy baby boys. 

Being a mom of twins is the MOST EXAUSTING thing I have ever done in my life, but it is also the MOST REWARDING thing I have ever done!  I am tired ALL THE TIME….there are dark circles under my eyes EVERY DAY…I have not slept though the night AT ALL  this year…..my body is forever changed after carrying twins for 37 WEEKS…being pregnant with twins was the most difficult things I have EVER done physically….I have stretch marks and scars from my ribs to my knees…..I get frustrated OFTEN… some days I don't have time to shower....my needs come last ALL the time....I have cried when my babies cries are unsoothable….I get PUKED on, PEED on and POOPED on more often than I would like....BUT, I have MORE LOVE in my heart than I EVER knew was possible.  Being a mother has CHANGED me.  My babies have changed me.  Motherhood is the GREATEST earthly GIFT I could have ever been given.  And that is why 2014 has been the BEST YEAR of my life so far. 

I posted much of my year on Instagram.  Hundreds of pictures were posted, but here are some of my favorites from this year.  This is my year in review.....
























No comments:

Post a Comment