In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DIY Baby's First Ornament - Foot Print



This morning I posted about our DIY hand print ornaments.  Tonight I want to 
post about our DIY foot print ornaments!

I got this idea from my sister.  She saw it online and sent it to me, and I thought it looked easy and cute.

Basically, I just made foot prints out of a dough, baked it, sprayed it with a finishing gloss and tied ribbon to the finished project.

Here’s how I did it:

The dough is equal parts flour and salt mixed with water.  I had more than enough dough with half a cup of salt and half a cup of flour.  I added the water slowly until I got the dough the texture of play dough.  I added blue food coloring once I had the mixture turned into a dough. I then divided the dough and rolled it into two ovals, the size of my little guy’s feet.  Then, I made the foot prints.  Using a butter knife, I cut around the foot prints.  Next, I baked the footprints for three hours at 200 degrees on a cookie sheet covered with foil.  Lastly, I sprayed the baked dough with a gloss finishing spray to give them a finished look.  I had some in the house, so that is what I used.  If I had a sparkle finish spray that would have been pretty too.  Because I have to babies, I used a paint marker to put names and dates on the back of the ornaments before hanging them on the tree!

We bought the boys their first Christmas ornament when we put the tree up, but I couldn’t resist making these fun ornaments too!  I love how these turned out, and I love that the bottom of our tree is full of our little guy’s ornaments!  Plus these didn't cost me anything to make, because I already had all of the supplies in the house!

Here are a few pictures from this fun project!








No comments:

Post a Comment