In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, June 30, 2014

New England Road Trip Overview

 

Last night Matt and I were reminiscing about life before the babies.  Our conversation led to the vacations, road trips and weekend getaways we always made time for in our five years of marriage before we had kids. We have babies now, so those kind of trips are done for awhile. For one, I want to be a stay at home mom, so those kind of trips are not in our budget now that I am no longer working. Secondly, any vacations in our future will probably inlcude Holiday Inns, theme parks and chicken nuggets.   While I have blogged about many of our travels, I ended up getting pregnant not long after we got back from our New England road trip last summer. That trip never made it up on the blog, so this week, I’m going to take myself down memory lane and blog about our New England road trip.  Preparing for this week's blog posts, made me realize how much I'm going to miss our romantic adventures before we had kids.  At the same time, I'm looking forward to the new adventures that await us and our growing family. 


 
As with previous trips, whenever we travel I spend hours beforehand researching, planning and preparing for a romantic adventure for two.  The New England trip was no exception.  The budget for our vacations always varies.  This trip was one of our more expensive vacations, with a budget of about $1,500 plus the cost of gas.  That budget went mainly to our lodging.  Whether it was a bed and breakfast in Connecticut, a boutique hotel in Boston, a cottage in Maine or an inn with a romantic seaside view on Martha’s Vineyard, we wanted to take a timeout from our busy lives back home and escape on an adventure with the sole purpose of reconnecting with one another and rekindling our love. This particular trip involved a lot of driving, so food and gas come in close together for second and third place on our list of expenses.  While exploring New England, there was a lot of sea food in our cuisine, since much of our travels led us to the coast.  Experiencing the places we travel too is the least expensive part of our journey.  The only experience we spent money on for this trip was whale watching. Sightseeing and exploring God’s beauty is usually free, and it also just happens to be one of our favorite things to do.

 
Here is how our New England road trip was broken down into days.  I’ll be blogging about each destination in the days ahead.

 
New England Road Trip – Kent, CT (Days 1-2)

New England Road Trip – Boston, MA (Days 2-3)

New England Road Trip – Kennebunkport, ME (Days 3-4)

New England Road Trip – Martha’s Vineyard, MA (Days 4-6)

 
Below is an overview of our trip via my Instragram.  I can’t wait to share more of the planning and preparation with you as I share the daily itinerary for this trip, along with my personal reviews and more pictures from our travels.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment