In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Going Yellow - When a Lamp Shade Meets a Napkin


 
 
I’m continuing my “Going Yellow” series today with a project I’ve entitled, “When a Lamp Shade Meets a Napkin.”
 


 
Yesterday I shared how I updated my DIY Wall Décor with some new yellow fabric to create DIY Wall Art Redo. Today I want to share how I updated this lamp with a new plain white shade and a festive napkin.
 


The original lamp shade was made with scrapbook paper.  You can go here for that tutorial.  For this update, I kept the Goodwill lamp that I spray painted black, but I got rid of the old lamp shade and made a new one. 


To start I bought a simple $8 lamp shade from Target and $3 napkin from World Market. 


I then tore the napkin in half and hot glued it around the shade. By tearing the napkin in half, I had enough fabric to cover the width of the lamp. The two pieces glued seamlessly together on the sides of the shade, because the napkins already had perfect hems.


I then glued the bottom hem of the napkin to the bottom of the shade.


Carefully making pleats, I glued the torn side of the napkin to the inside top of the shade.  To cover the torn part of the napkin,  I glued some pretty ribbon on the inside of the lamp.

 
I love how the napkin not only had some of the yellow I was looking for, but it also had some other bright colors in it as well. It gave me the right amount of pop I wanted for the space.

 
I'd say this lamp redo was a big success....and an inexpensive one at that.
 
Stay tuned for more yellow projects this week:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment