In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Going Yellow - Scrapbook Paper Covered Lamp Shade

 
 

 
I’ll be sharing the last project in my “Going Yellow” series today.  When I decided to go yellow in the living room, I knew I wanted to replace or update the lamps.
 


 
I fell in love with this yellow lamp base from Target for $20.   It was a bit pricy for me.  Since I saved money on some of the other projects, I had room in the budget for this lamp.
 


 
I was having a hard time finding a lamp shade that I liked, and I didn’t want to spend a lot of money.  I ended up purchasing this $8 white lamp shade from Target.
 


 
I wasn’t fond of the plain white shade and wanted to dress it up a little.  To do this, I took two pieces of scrapbook paper, traced them around the shade, cut the paper out to fit the shade, and hot glued the paper to the edge of the shade.  To clean up the edges I embellished them with some trim I had on hand.
 


 
I really like how this lamp shade turned out!
 


 
I hope you all do too!
 

 
 
Be sure to visit the blog tomorrow.  I’ll  be finishing this series by giving an overview of this week’s projects! 


No comments:

Post a Comment