In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, August 31, 2012

Avocado and Mozzarella Salad & Avocado and Corn Salad


Summer is just about over!  It’s hard to believe….I know!   I thought that I would share few recipes for your Labor Day weekend.  I recently found myself with an abundance of avocados and began searching the internet for easy avocado recipes.  I settled on the following recipes, and these are my variations of two simple summer salads.



 
AVOCADO & MOZZARELLA SALAD
 
2 -3  avocados (peeled and chopped)

one container of fresh mozzarella (drained and chopped)

1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)

a generous handful of fresh basil (coarsely chopped)

a small splash of balsamic vinaigrette (optional) 

a few drizzles of olive oil

 

Mix ingredients together.  Best when flavors merry in the refrigerator for a little while.  Not a dish that does well prepared too early, because avocados have the tendency to get mushy if not consumed quickly.  This salad is great served with toasted baguette.  Essentially, this recipe is just a twist on a basic caprese salad.  It really can't get any easier.


 
CORN & AVOCADO SALAD
 
2-3 avocados (peeled and chopped)

2 ears of corn (cooked and cut off the cob)

1 container of cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)

a handlfull of fresh cilantro (coarsely chopped)

the juice of one lime

a few splashes of olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

 

Mix ingredients together.  Best when flavors merry in the refrigerator for a little while.   Not a dish that does well prepared too early, because avocados have the tendency to get mushy if not consumed quickly.  Drained canned corn can be used if fresh corn is not availble.  Tomatoes can be any kind.  I actually used fresh garden tomatoes, because I was needing to use up a bunch that my mother-in-law gave us.  They were delicious in this dish. 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment