In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Monogram Wreath



Several months ago, I saw a monogram wreath on an Etsy shop that I really liked.  Go here to see my original inspiration. 

I knew that I could make a similar looking wreath for less money than it would cost to buy it off of Etsy.   For someone who is not crafty, Etsy is a great place to buy a variety of unique hand-made items.    However, I would consider myself crafty.  Often times, it is much more cost-effective for me to try to make some of the things I like instead of buying them. 

My original inspriration cost $35 before shipping.  The only thing that I had to buy for this project was a $5 cardboard monogram from my local craft store, making this piece of home decor much cheaper to make myself.  I already had the following materials on hand from previous projects:  yarn, hot glue, ribbon, black cardstock and a book page.


First, I wrapped yarn around the cardboard monogram.

The next step was to make three flowers, two from black cardstock and one from a book page, like the one’s I made for my DIY Flower Wreath from Book Pages.  Once the flowers were made, I attached them to the monogram using hot glue.  You can find my flower tutorial here.


Next, I made a bow out of ribbon and glued it above the flowers.  Lastly, I glued ribbon to the back of the monogram before hanging it up for display.

And that's it!  Another project completed for less than $10:)


No comments:

Post a Comment