In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring is in the air....or should I say Summer....




I’m  lovin’ this warm weather! Spring is in the air….or should I say summer, because based on the recent temperatures, I’m really not sure. With temperatures hovering around the eighty degree mark all week, it feels more like June instead of March. That’s unheard of for this time of year, and I am  loving every minute of it!


It may feel like summer, but it still looks like March outside. Thanks to the gorgeous weather this week, the bareness of the winter months is sprouting new life as the spring season approaches. Blue skies, birds chirping, flowers blooming, trees budding and grass growing…..the signs of SPRING are all around us!


The spring/summer season has made its way into my home as well. Yesterday, I brought out all of our porch and patio furniture, and I traded out the warm smell of the hazelnut candles for the fresh smell of the lilac candles. And since we’re still waiting on all of the trees and flowers to bloom, I just couldn’t resist buying a bouquet of flowers from the grocery this week to help bring a little bit of spring inside the house. We’ve also had the windows open all week! I love fresh air! There hasn’t been any humidity and the breeze has felt fabulous. There’s nothing better than falling asleep to a gentle breeze and waking up to the sound of the birds chirping.


Normally, I would say that it is way too early for spring, and that Old Man Winter still has some more Arctic blast ready to throw our way.  This year, I may actually be convinced that warmer weather is here to stay, because we had such a mild winter. I’ve been waiting for ten inches of snow all year, and we haven’t had it yet. I think we might actually be out of the woods when it comes to snow, ice and frigid temps…..although anything can happen.  Last year we had accumulating snow all the way up until March 31, so I'll keep my fingers crossed;)



No comments:

Post a Comment