In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Valentine's Day


Since Valentine’s Day fell on a Tuesday this year, it made it a little difficult for Matt to plan something special for the two of us.  Tuesday is my late night at work, and I don’t get off until .  Taking that into consideration, Matt decided to make dinner for the two of us and dine in this Valentine’s Day.

Knowing that the hubs was going to be cooking dinner for us, I decided to pre-make chocolate covered strawberries……

…….and red velvet cupcakes to go along with his thoughtful meal.

When I woke up Valentine’s morning, Matt gave me my gift.  He gave a one hour massage that he purposefully scheduled for the hour after I got off of work.  My husband isn’t the most romantic guy, but he is the most thoughtful guy.  Knowing that I’ve been a little stressed lately, and knowing that I would probably be tired after working a long day, it was very thoughtful of him to give me this as my gift.  By the time I got home, I was nice and relaxed, which was probably smart thinking on his part too:)

The extra hour that I was away getting pampered gave him time to get the house ready and dinner on the table.  When I got home, he gave me flowers and served me a delightful meal that he made himself.

This is the third time in our marriage that my husband has cooked a nice meal for me.  Each time has had its flaws, but the thoughtfulness that he puts into trying to please me makes eating his cooking worth it….lol:)

Overall, it was a good Valentine’s Day….even if it was a weekday.  I have to say that I have the best Valentine a girl could ask for ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment