In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Quick Update....

         I feel as though I haven’t blogged in forever, even though it’s only been a week. I’ve been very busy this week, and I thought I’d post a quick update tonight before heading to bed. 
            I have a bit of good news to report tonight.  Last week we found out that Matt will be starting a new job on Tuesday, and for that we are very thankful.  It’s a similar job with similar pay to what he was doing, so we have no complaints about that.  After being out of work for two months, the idea of a steady income seems like we’ve just won the lottery.  We still don’t understand why the Lord allowed the whole job loss situation to happen, but we don’t have to know why.  We just have to trust and rely on the promise that all things will work together for good in His time.
            On a lighter note, we’ve had a crazy warm spell the past five days with beautiful sunshine, blue skies and temps in the mid fifties!  It seems unheard of for January.  It’s been kind of nice as it’s felt and looked like early April.  The weather has certainly put me in a spring cleaning mood.   I put the Christmas away over the weekend, cleaned my house from top to bottom and washed the windows inside and out.  It’s felt great to get so much accomplished, but alas cold, dreary January weather awaits us in the weekend forecast.  That means that my burst of spring-like energy will return to the normal sluggish sit-on-couch-and-eat-too-many-carbs “January blahs”  in the coming days.  But I don't think the "January blahs" will stay too long this year with Matt going back to work and house projects getting back to a steady pace.  Yep, things are starting to feel a little bit more like normal around here….and that is definitely a good thing;)

No comments:

Post a Comment