In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mod Podge Laundry Room Sign




           Like my floor lamp project that I posted about on Tuesday, I completed this project a few months ago but am just now getting around to posting it.  I love the way this laundry room sign turned out!  I can't take the credit for this creative idea.  I was inspired by another blog that I follow called Dittle Dattle.  She made a "family" sign that inspired me to make the above sign.  You can find her tutorial here
         This project can be used in a variety of ways.  It could be a welcome sign, a holiday sign or a child's name sign.  In my case, I wanted to make something to go on the laundry room wall, and this project looked easy and inexpensive.  Using supplies that I already had, this project cost me less than $7.  Here's how I did it.


SUPPLIES NEEDED:
1.   a piece of craft wood for each letter -  I got mine at Hobby Lobby for 50 cents each. 
2.  a variety of scrapbook paper  
3. paint, if desired
4.  Mod Podge 
 5.  letters -  I made mine on the computer.
6.  ribbon 
 7.  curtain rod -  If you don't have an extra one that isn't being use, yard sales and thrift stores are great places to find curtain rods. I found mine half off at Goodwill  for $1.


DIRECTIONS:
Step One:  Cut the paper to the desired size.  I made mine a little smaller than the wood.
Step Two:  Paint the wood if desired.  I used spray paint that I had on hand, and I only painted the outside of the wood to save time and supplies.
Step Three:  Cut out letters and arrange paper onto wood and letters onto paper.
Step Four:  Mod Podge the paper to the wood and let dry.  Once dry, Mod Podge the letters to the paper and let dry.
 
Step Five:  Cut even strips of ribbon and hot glue them to the back of the wood.
Step Six:  Hang Letters on curtain rod and hang curtain rod to wall:)

4 comments:

  1. Following you via Mingle Monday

    http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/2012/01/facebook-fan-page-monday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute and creative craft! Glad I found you on the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! You can find me at www.lucasandmahina.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these! I will be making one:) I am your newest follower and love your blog!

    http://lifeasalake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete