In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, November 24, 2011

In Everything Give Thanks....

          
           Thanksgiving…...the great American holiday.  It’s a time to be thankful for our faith, family, friends, freedom, finances, food, and football;)  While I am certainly thankful for all of those things, tonight I find myself being thankful for the unexpected things that come into our lives that we may initially wish never occurred; yet when we look back, it’s those unexpected things that force us to look beyond ourselves and look to the only place we can look…..up.   
               A few weeks ago, Matt and I were given some very unexpected news that left us and still  leaves us with many unknowns about certain parts of our future.  While I can’t go into detail about our situation, I can tell you that my initial reaction to the news was worry and fear of the unknown.  The situation has pretty much caused us to put our lives on hold and wait for something that is completely out of our control.  The past two weeks has forced us to slow down our oh-so-busy life and has brought with it a sweetness to our marriage that I think the Lord knew we needed.  It hasn’t been easy, but we have learned to let go of the things that we can’t control and trust that God has a plan for our lives.  Even now, as we are still patiently waiting for answers, we can say that our faith and marriage has been strengthened due to a circumstance that neither one of us would have ever chosen ourselves.
            So tonight I am not only thankful for the wonderful easy things of life….I am thankful for these difficult times that allow us to be a better person.  For it is during these teachable moments in our lives that our faith is strengthened. This Thanksgiving the short and simple verse found in the New Testament has truly become my reality……..

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. ~1Thessalonians ,

1 comment:

  1. This was a good reminder for me to be thankful in EVERYTHING, especially those things that draw us closer to God and our family! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete