In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Roll

         
           Pumpkin Roll is my absolute favorite fall dessert.  I’ve been using this recipe since I was fourteen.  I got it out of a recipe book that my childhood church put together, and I’ve been using it ever since.   Last week I shared with you in this post, that I made this recipe using fat-free cream cheese in the icing, because that’s what I had on hand.   That was a BAD idea, and I do NOT recommend it!!!  The icing was runny and didn't taste very good.  I ended up throwing the whole thing out.  Bottom line, if you’re gonna make a dessert, you might as well go all out and use the fattening stuff.  After last weekend’s failed attempt, I bought regular cream cheese this weekend and indulged in my pumpkin roll cravings. One word....YUMMO!  It's even better when served with a cup of my pumpkin spice coffee I told you about in this post.  I certainly didn't disappoint myself this time ;)  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.




CAKE
Beat 3 eggs on high for 3-5 minutes.  Mix in 1 c. sugar and 2/3 c. pumpkin.   Blend in ¾ c. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ginger, 1 tsp. nutmeg, ½ tsp. salt.  Mix ingredients well and pour into a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 14 minutes.

ICING
Mix 1 c. powdered sugar, 8 oz. package of cream cheese,4 tbsp. butter and 1 tsp. vanilla.  Spread icing on the pumpkin sheet-cake once cooled.  Roll up, slice, serve and enjoy. J




5 comments:

  1. I love pumpkin and this looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe. :)

    Melissa
    www.lovebugliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the recipe I use! (I use a lot of recipes from that cookbook) Soooo good! You've got me craving it now! I think I'm going to have to make one of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found my blog! I love yours! You have some awesome stuff here! And I am your newest follower!
    Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE pumpkin rolls!!! This is so hard to not drool over especially since I haven't had breakfast yet! Found you through Anything Goes party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin Roll season, yummy! I agree with you on the low-fat cream cheese. If you're going to the trouble just use the good stuff. Will be making this for Thanksgiving dinner!

    ReplyDelete