In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, September 26, 2011

Zucchini Bread

           
              Yesterday, I shared my vegetable stew recipe with you and mentioned that I made it when my mom was visiting me a few weeks ago.  Every few months, my mom comes up and visits me for a weekend.  When she was here two weeks ago, we spent Saturday afternoon doing some fall cooking.  She wanted my recipe for vegetable stew and I wanted her recipe for zucchini bread.  That morning, I took her to the farmer’s market and got all of my fresh produce for the week and any ingredients that we needed for our afternoon in the kitchen.  The zucchini, squash and corn were to die for!  After stopping by a few garage sales, we went back to my house and began our recipe swap.  First, I showed her how I make my vegetable stew, and then she shared with me her zucchini bread recipe.  Here is her recipe, and boy is it moist and delicious!  This bread also freezes really well.  I make a couple loafs at a time and keep single size servings in the freezer, so I can eat small, guilt-free portions throughout the fall season.


INGREDIENTS:
½ c. oil
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. nuts (optional)
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 eggs
2 c. shredded zucchini
2 c. flour
3 tsp vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
Mix ingredients together, pour into greased bread pans and bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until done.  Yields to loaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment