In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ruffle Ribbon Lamp

           A while back, I transformed these Goodwill lamps seen here and here into functional lamps for my home.  Around the same time, I came across this post at Big Lives and was inspired to create a similar lamp for our master bedroom. 
            I wish I had a before and after pic of my lamp, but I forgot to take pictures before and during this process.  Using an ugly $2 lamp base from a garage sale, a $1cream lamp shade from Goodwill, leftover ribbon and spray paint from previous projects and my hot glue gun, I was able to make this lamp for $3.  I spent $4 on the ribbon for a previous project and $2 on the paint, so this project would cost someone $9 at the most.
            This project was easy.  All I did was form ruffles with my ribbon while hot gluing it to the lamp shade.  I used two kinds of ribbon, forming five layers of ruffles.  Lastly, I spray painted the lamp silver.  I think it looks pretty good on my dresser.  It adds to the vintage feel of our bedroom.  What do you think?  Not too bad for $3 huh?  Gotta love repurposing someone else’s junkJ





4 comments:

  1. SO pretty! Black and white...always so classic too!

    Deborah (happily visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you can stop by too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you chose and the ruffles!! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete