In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Raspberry Tea Recipe




I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine, and it's always a hit when company comes to visit.  In fact, I usually double the recipe when company comes, because it goes that fast.  My mom and sisters LOVE the stuff and have requested the recipe.  I told them how to make it last time they came to visit, but I also told them I'd put it on my blog for future reference;)


INGREDIENTS:

4 quarts of water
1 to 1.5 cups of sugar
1 12oz. bag of frozen raspberries
10 individual size tea bags. 
1/4 cup of lemon juice


DIRECTIONS:


Bring water and sugar to a boil.
I've used Splenda and Steevia as a sugar substitue and it turns out fine, but there's really nothing quite like using real sugar.



Then add tea bags....
Don't use an off-brand tea bag; it doesn't turn out well.  I use Lipton.



.....frozen raspberries....
I've tried several different off-brands and name-brands of raspberries for this recipe, but Trader Joes all natural raspberries are my favorite ones to use.
....and lemon juice.
freshly squeezed lemon juice is best



Give a stir and let steep for 3-5 minutes.



Strain raspberries and tea bags and set aside.
I use my deep pasta pot to make the tea, because it has a built-in strainer that makes the whole process easier.
Once the tea has cooled, pour into a pitcher and put in fridge to chill.



Then serve it up...



.....and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love iced tea! I have my mom ship me Lipton Iced Tea Bags, so that I can make it here in Canada (in my area, they only sell tea bags that are good for hot tea)! I will definitely be trying your recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete