In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Thursday, August 11, 2011

More No-Sew Pillows

Someone recently asked me where I purchased the pillows from on this loveseat.  I told them that I purchased the tan pillow from Kirkland's years ago and the other two I made a few months ago....

....using heat-n-bond.  Would you really expect anything else from me?
I found this fabric in the JoAnn's scrap fabric pile for half off the reduced price.  $3 looked like a good deal to me, and I still have plenty of fabric leftover for a different project.

I fell in love with this Waverly home decor fabric, and the cheapest place I could find it was from fabric.com.   Waverly fabric is not cheap, but since I only bought half of a yard, I justified the price;)

Using coupons, I purchased two pillow forms from JoAnn's 40% off the regular price.
I "no-sewed" the pillows using the heat'n'bond and an iron, the same way that I would have sewed the pillows with a sewing machine.

After three of the four sides were "no-sewed", I turned the pillow right-side-out and stuffed the pillow form in the pillow.  Lastly, I "no-sewed" the fourth side of the pillow.
Not too bad for a "no-sew" project, huh?  They were easy, cost-effective, and they look pretty good in the room too:)

2 comments:

  1. They look great! That's my project this weekend. I have the fabric and the heat and bond. They will be my first no sew pillows. I hope they turn out as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All types of fabric are available in the highest quality such as organic fabric and non-organic fabric.

    ReplyDelete