In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Friday, August 5, 2011

A Day In Chicago

Chicago is one of Matt's favorite cities to visit.
   
Since we spent the past few days in Southwest Michigan, we decided to finish our Michigan trip this morning with some blueberry pancakes for breakfast......
......and then head west for a fun-filled day in Chicago.

We started the day by walking to Milennium Park.

Then we crossed the Michigan Ave. bridge....

.....and did some shopping on the infamous Magnificent Mile.
Afterwards, we walked up the shore.....

.....and finished our day at the Navy Pier. 

I suggested that we eat dinner on the pier before heading home, but my husband informed me that he saw a sign for a KFC buffet that was located an hour outside of Chicago.  Matt really wanted to eat there, because we don't have KFC buffets in our area. Sadly, the KFC buffet is something that my husband has been wanting to go to for awhile now:/
This was NOT the way I would have ended a day in Chicago....
......but since it was his birthday weekend, I agreed to dinner at KFC.  I watched my husband go through the buffet line three times!  After one hour of eating, he was finally full ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a really good birthday weekend with the hubs!

    ReplyDelete