In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It's A Goodwill Good Deal ~ $1.50 Center Piece

  

While at Goodwill, I came across this serving dish for $1.50.  It was marked for $2.99, but it was half off.  I originally went to Goodwill looking for a large bowl to put fruit in and a goblet to use as the base of the bowl creating a serving dish that in my mind would look something like this picture.  I planned on gluing the bowl and goblet together and painting the entire piece.  When I came across this serving dish I discovered that it was more cost effective to purchase this one than it was to make my own.  It was also one less project I needed to complete to make my house a home.  Now that's a double deal that I can be happy about!

I think the new center piece goes great with my Ikea dishes.  I bought a set of tan and a set of grey dishes while I was at Ikea for only $19.99 a set (thirty pieces in each set).  I mixed and matched the sets to get the look I wanted, and I found the place mats at Ikea for $2.50 a piece.  They add texture to my table setting, and I really like the look it creates.
And of course the dishes were inspired from a display table that I fell in love with at Ikea.  It looked something like this ~ only the Ikea table was $299.99 and $29.99 for each chair.  I found this huge dining room table with eight chairs on Craigslist for only $75!  I haven't refinished the chairs yet, but I worked on the table this weekend and finished it late last night.  I am really happy with the result!  I can't wait to finish the chairs and show you the before and after when I'm finished!  There will be a post about it coming soon.

Remember my last Goodwill Good Deal.....$2 Candelabras.....


....check them out now.  Not too bad for only $2, huh?  There's nothing that  little bit of spray paint can't fix.  So if your keeping track.....that's $2 for the candelabras, $1.50 for the center piece and the table runner is just one yard of burlap that cost about $2.50 at JoAnne Fabrics after purchasing it with a coupon.



We've also been doing a lot of internet bargain shopping for large pieces of furniture lately.  The entry and dining room are almost complete.  Here's a sneek peak.  We are planning on painting the dining room this weekend, and if everything goes according to plan, I should be able to post a before and after of our first completed room in the new home sometime next week!  I can't wait!


This is my view from the love seat as I'm writing this post.  It's finally starting to come together!  Paint and wall decor will make it even better!

And yes, that is Chloe on the window seal waiting for the appropriate time to jump down without Molly chasing her.  And yes, that is Molly patiently waiting for Chloe to jump down, so she can chase Chloe and put her in her mouth.  That's a pretty typical evening in my house:)



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love GW. Visiting from Thrifty Home =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love good finds! You should check out my "fab deal fridays" each week!
    I just started a linky party this past Tuesday. It was a great success with over 50 link ups! I would love it if you would participate next week! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
    Tina
    http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
    PS. I'm GIVING away 50 button pony tailers this month! Come visit and claim yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotoassignmenthelp is team of leading professional writers for Assignment help Online Usa Writing Services to students all around the world. Contact us today for Best University Assignment Help at very affordable price. Under GotoAssignmentHelp we provide many types of help to the students. We are the most reliable assignment helpers. We have gained our specialization after spending most of our times in making ourselves perfect. We providing 100% plagiarism free Assignment Help. At the point when you pick our Cheap Assignment Help assistance, our faculty will consider the quality and your evaluation criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a resume produced by resume writers is highly advantageous because it will not only help you find your dream job, but it will also be something you can keep and update as needed. If you've determined that hiring resume writers is the way to go, here are three of the best services we've found, as well as some helpful hints on how to discover reasonable and quality resume services. So find resume writing company here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? You made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is magnificent, as well as the content. Thank you so much for sharing. koladaisi university post utme de form closing date

    ReplyDelete
  6. This information is one of my most interesting surfing posts today. This is a very energetic article and I really liked it. I am here for the next update. Thanks for sharing.- what is unical cut off mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really impressed to read a lot of useful inspiring article. You are such a fantastic weblog. Keep it up. Thank you for sharing. gombe state college of health technology admission form closing date visit - Best Related Educational Updates Portal in the World; Examination and Academic Guide, High Paying Jobs & Scholarship Website

    ReplyDelete