In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear Daylight Saving Time

Dear Daylight Saving Time:

         Oh how I long for the days when you weren’t a part of my life.  Not having you around was something I used to like about Indiana.  Because of you, my entire week is off schedule ~ and I am the kind of girl who really likes her schedule.  I have found myself hitting the snooze button a little too often this week, which means I have been rushed out the door without my morning coffee.  Because I don’t have enough time in the morning to do all the things in my morning routine, I have to do the things that I would normally do in the morning on my lunch break.  Since my lunch break is meant to be study time, my study time has been pushed back to the evenings.  And just so you know, evening study time is basically hopeless, because my evening time is usually husband time.  Then there is bed time; dear, sweet bed time…..how I usually love it!  Normally, my head hits the pillow and I’m out, but because of you I sleeplessly lay awake in bed looking at the clock and counting down the few hours of sleep that I will get before my alarm goes off.  I hope I get used to you soon DST, but until then I will just have to endure your inconveniences.  Maybe some day we can be friends; but today is not that day.

Sincerely,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Your sentiments are shared. Good luck getting used to this wretched time change.

    ReplyDelete