In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Very First Blog

    
             Well after a year of talking about it, it’s finally here – my very first blog post.  I have seriously considered blogging for awhile now, but I have always put it on the back burner.  Today I woke up, and I told my husband today was the day ~ today was the day I was going to begin my life as a blogger.  
            Now, what to blog about?  As I venture into the world of blogging, I plan on writing about the everyday happenings of this wonderful thing called life, but for my first blog, I will briefly describe myself and some important aspects of my life.  I will be twenty-seven in less than one week, and I love my life.  I don’t necessarily love my life because of where I live or who I married or what my vocation is, although those are all things that I do love about my life.  I think I am just at a point in my life where I can truly see God’s hand on it.  I can see how He has opened and closed doors in my life as a part of His plan for me.  I can see the things that at one time in my life I may have thought would have been good for me, yet He had other plans.   As a Christian, I find it difficult to not love life.  God is so good.  He has truly blessed me, and with out Him I am nothing.  He is my redeemer, creator, and Lord.  Life without Him would not be life at all.
            Well if that’s not enough reason to love life, then I don’t know what is.  God has blessed me with so much more than I deserve.  For example, I have been happily married to my wonderful husband for a little less than two years now, and I am loving every bit of married life.  Matt is a hard working bank manager with aspiring goals to work his way up in the banking industry.  We don’t have any children yet.  We just bought a new house that is three times bigger than our last house, and we would really like to furnish and decorate it before we have any little ones running around.
            Before I met my husband, I was enjoying my life as a full-time elementary school teacher, and a part-time nanny.  After Matt and I got married, I chose to take some time away from the classroom to pursue nannying full-time.  Nannying allows me to work fewer hours with better pay.  My flexible schedule has given me the opportunity to work on my masters while still having my evenings free to be a wife.  I love my job, and I love the work schedule it provides.  I currently nanny for a family with two little girls, ages 4 and 6.  I have been with the family for nearly three years now.  They are a big part of my life, and I am truly blessed to be their nanny.
            When I am not spending my spare time with my husband, I love reading, shopping and being creative.  I would definitely consider myself to be thrifty and nothing excites me more than a great buy.  It doesn’t matter whether it is a thrift shop, a garage sale, or a fantastic sale at the local mall – these are all things I find exciting!  Blogging is something I look forward to doing in my spare time now as well.  Whether it is recipes, creative projects or just fun stories about life, I look forward to expressing myself while sharing the things of life with others. 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, welcome to the blogging world! You will love it!! I am still fairly new to all of this but have really enjoyed the learning process. There are so many interesting blogs out there (I'll share them with you if you'd like) and yours is just another WONDERFUL addition! Good luck and have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete