In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cabin Sweet Cabin







Twenty-seven is a good number, because that is age of which I now am.  Yes, it’s true.  I am twenty-seven, and another year of my life has come and gone.  I had an especially good birthday this year, because I spent it with the one I love.  After a very stressful week (of which I’m sure I will share in a later blog) my husband and I packed up the car, left our worries behind and drove six hours to the mountains of Tennessee where we found a cozy cabin waiting for us.  Due to an extremely chaotic week, this trip almost didn’t happen; but when it came down to it, it was important that we made this trip happen.  The chaotic things in the previous week couldn’t be resolved in a weekend, and we knew they would be waiting for us when we got back.  Not to mention the trip was planned and paid for months ago ~ so to Cabin Sweet Cabin we went.

Any time we plan a vacation or a weekend getaway we try to find an enjoyable location with very comfortable amenities and a great price.  This weekend’s location didn’t disappoint I would definitely recommend it to a friend.  The cabin was very accessible to the local happenings of the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, and it offered a very cozy but romantic atmosphere.  It had a full kitchen and cooking essentials, fire place with flat screen TV., jacuzzi tub in the master suite, pool table in the loft, and a hot tub on the deck with a beautiful view.  The cabin was smaller than it appeared in the pictures, but in our opinion it was also nicer than it appeared in the pictures.  A trip like this could get pricy if one stayed several nights, but we thought it was a pretty good price for a weekend getaway.  
By now anyone who has read my blog knows Matt and I are careful with our finances, and vacations are no exception.  We took a risk by planning this mountainous trip in the winter, but we were very fortunate and had great weather over the weekend.  For this getaway, we were able to get 50% off the rate of the cabin.  We made great use of the cabin’s kitchen and brought all of our own food, so we didn’t have to spend any additional money on dining out.  We picked a location that was half a day’s drive, so we didn’t have to pay for air fare.  We enjoyed browsing around all of the things the area had to offer, but we put a dollar amount on what we were willing to spend before we ventured out and about.   The more money we save on vacations by taking the time to research and plan vacations, the more vacations we can fit into our yearly vacation budget.  At the end of the weekend, we were pleased with the all we were able to experience and the cost of the experience.  It was definitely a relaxing birthday weekend, and I couldn’t have asked for a better person to spend it with.  Much thanks to my loving husband for making my birthday special.








No comments:

Post a Comment